RefNoBUS2
TitleA. R. Heathcote and Company Limited, Knife Manufacturer, Bernard Works, Sylvester Gardens, Sheffield
AdminHistoryA. R. Heathcote and Co., Ltd., began life as Reaney & Heathcote in the early 1870s. The business was situated at 173 Bernard Street and was owned by Albert Reaney and Albert Reaney Heathcote. At this time, they were manufacturing edge tools. Prior to this the company of William Reaney & Sons had been manufacturers of edge and joiners' tools at the Bernard Works, Park. By the mid 1880s Albert Reaney Heathcote had established his own company on the site (manufacturing machine-knives) A. R. Heathcote died on 26th January 1944 and was a benefactor of St. Cecilias' Church, Parson Cross.

The last incarnation of the company was established c.1919 at the Bernard Works, Sylvester Gardens, Sheffield S1 3QW. By 1981 they were employing 120 persons and were manufacturing printers' guillotine knives, shear blades, veneer knives, granulator knives and special machine knives for individual applications. Company trade names included 'PARK PLUS (Printers Guillotine Knives), KROMO PARK (Shear Blades) and PARK HARD (granulator knives).
DescriptionBUS 2/1 - Correspondence
BUS 2/2 - Printed Material
BUS 2/3 - Ephemera
Datec. 1970 - 1976
Extent14 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021