RefNoBUS4
TitleHoward Buildings Company Limited, 25 Chapel Walk, Sheffield
AdminHistoryThe Howard Buildings Company Limited became a limited company on 17 September 1920. It was set up in order to purchase the leasehold property in Chapel Walk, Sheffield from the Church Burgesses. The property involved was 15, 17, 19, 21, 25, 27, 29 and 31 Chapel Walk which was to be known as the Howard Buildings.The first directors of the company were Francis William Denniff, William Edward Kingdon, Jonathan Thorneloe, Sydney Waterfall and Miss Bertha Swift. Denniff (a florist), Kingdon, Waterfall (a Café Proprietor) and Thorneloe were entitled to remain tenants of the shop and premises they already occupied for the next seven years whilst Bertha Swift was entitled to become and remain a tenant of 25 Chapel Walk for seven years.The company carried on the business of property owners and proprietors of shops, flats and clubs and provided for the tenants and occupiers of the property until the company was wound up in 1996.
DescriptionBUS 4/1 - Corporate Records
BUS 4/2 - Shareholding Records
BUS 4/3 - Financial Records
Date1920 - 1995
Extent9 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020