RefNoCA586
Alternative Reference numberCA586 CA587 CA588 CA589 CA590
TitleTinsley Parish Council
AdminHistoryTinsley Parish Council was instituted in 1894 under the Lcocal Government Act of that year.

In 1912 the industrial part of the parish was incorporated into the Sheffield City area. Sheffield's proposals were strenuously fought before a local enquiry and a House of Commons Select Committee by the major ratepayers who objected to Sheffield's high rates, and by the existing Rotherham District Council and the West Riding County Council, who objected to the loss of revenue which the extension would entail for them.
Date1894 - 1912
Extent38 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield City Council, Town Clerk's files regarding the Tinsley extension, 1910 - 1914 (CA691)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019