RefNoCA911
TitleDungworth Junior and Infants School, Dungworth Green
AdminHistoryThe present Dungworth Junior and Infants School was founded as a Church of England School on 27th December 1841. In 1875-1876 alterations were undertaken and the old school house was pulled down. The school was re-opened on 20th March 1876 with twenty children in attendance.

The school was managed as a Church of England School until 1st August 1932 when it was transferred to the West Riding Education Committee. Until this date it was a Mixed and Infants School catering for senior and junior pupils in the mixed category. The senior pupils were transferred to the nearby Loxley Council School and Dungworth School became Bradfield Dungworth Junior Mixed and Infants Council School.

In 1957 the school premises were altered and modernised and the Junior boys and girls and the Infants were separated.

The school remained within the West Riding County Council area until 31st March 1974 when it was transferred to the newly formed Sheffield Metropolitan District from 1st April under Local Government reorganisation.

In June 1977 a mobile classroom was added to the school. Children now come to the school in the September following their fourth birthday to constitute 'a 'beginners class', which was started in September 1973.

In 1985 the school was amalgamated with Low Bradfield Infant Junior to form Bradfield Dungworth School.
DescriptionLog books, 1875 - 1981 (CA911/1)

Admission registers, 1894 - 1943 (CA911/2)

Punishment book, 1907 (CA911/3)

Other records, c. 1877 - 1967 (CA911/4)
Date1875 - 1981
Extent52 items
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsSchool records include references to named individuals (children and staff). Consequently they are closed to public inspection for 75 years under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) (exempt under section 40 of the Freedom of Information Act). Please refer to Sheffield City Archives for advice on how to access such items.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021