RefNoCATH2
TitleSheffield, St Vincent de Paul, Solly Street, Roman Catholic Parish
AdminHistorySt Vincent's, Solly Street, was opened in 1857, principally to serve the Irish Catholic population living in the Crofts, though the community had been meeting since at least 1853 when a school chapel opened.

Various extensions and rebuilding took place over the following 60 years. However, in the latter half of the 20th century the area underwent considerable change. Slum houses were demolished and the area became more a business district than residential. In 1996/1997 the church closed.

A new St Vincent's opened in Pickmere Road in 2001.
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1853 - 1949 (CATH2/1)
Marriages, 1857 - 1913, 1972 - 1996 (CATH2/2)
Banns, 1944 - 1967 (CATH2/3)
Deaths, 1961 - 1966 (CATH2/4)
Indexes to baptisms, 1857 - 1954 and marriages, 1857 - c. 1911 (CATH2/5)
Confirmations, 1858 - 1906 (CATH2/6)
Service, 1910-1934, 1962 - 1990 (CATH2/7)

Other records (awaiting cataloguing)
Notice books;
Sacred Heart Association records;
Society of St Vincent de Paul records;
St Vincent's School records;
Charity records;
Plans of St Joseph's Home, Howard Hill, 1853 - 1990.
Date1853 - 1996
Extent29 items (registers only)
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsRoman Catholic Church records less than 50 years old are subject to access restrictions. Please refer to a member of staff for advice on how to access information in restricted records.
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019