RefNoCATH41
TitleDoncaster, Woodlands, St Joseph and St Teresa Roman Catholic Parish
AdminHistorySt Joseph and St Teresa's Roman Catholic Church is situated on Welfare Road, Woodlands, Doncaster. St George and The English Martyrs at Carcroft is the Chapel of Ease.

In 1915 a Mass centre was established from St Peter's in the Co-operative Hall then at the Woodlands Inn. A Chapel of Ease was opened in 1925.

In 1927 the parish was founded and the church was opened.

Woodlands, St Joseph and St Teresa Roman Catholic Parish is in the Doncaster Deanery of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Hallam (Province of Liverpool).
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1927 - 1938 (and baptisms copied from Doncaster, St Helen, Burghwallis Hall, Burghwallis, Roman Catholic Chapel, 1910 - 1916) (CATH 41/1)

Other records:

Deeds of conveyance and other papers relating to property (CATH 41/18)
Deed of aggregation to the Archconfraternity of the Blessed Sacrament, 1928 (CATH 41/9)
Architectural plans and drawings of the school, 1929 (CATH 41/20)
Architectural plans and drawings for alterations to the church, 1983 (CATH 41/21)
Architectural plans and drawings for alteration of presbytery, 1987 (CATH 41/22)
Architectural plans and drawings for proposed presbytery, 1928 (CATH 41/23)
Date1927 - 1987
Extent4 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsAll registers are available on microfilm only. Roman Catholic Church records less than 50 years old are subject to access restrictions. Please refer to a member of staff for advice on how to access information in restricted records.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield City Archives:
Parish register returns for Doncaster, Woodlands, St Joseph and St Teresa Roman Catholic Parish, 1959 - see loose sheet in front of CATH 23/24.

For original register of baptisms for Doncaster, St Helen, Burghwallis Hall, Burghwallis, Roman Catholic Chapel, 1886 - 1935 see CATH 54/1.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019