RefNoCOAL/CCC/2
Alternative Reference numberNCB 962 (1-24)
TitleBox of deeds to three closes in Wombwell called the Highgate closes
Description(1-24) The closes are adjoining each other (with the high road from Sheffield to Pontefract on the East) and the Eastwell Syke (plan no 21); schedule of deeds, no 23.(The property was conveyed from Anthony St Leger to John Lyell, 1775. This and other property was subsequently divided between his two daughters Mary Thompson (who was awarded the closes in question) and Martha Lyell. These closes eventually came to the descendent (Edwin Casson, surgeon of Bradford) of a third daughter, Elizabeth Lyster. Casson’s trustees conveyed the property to the Cortonwood Company in 1884. Includes various wills of the Lyell family and mortgages). The deed numbered 24 is a fine: Johnson v St Leger. There are no other deeds now here of this Johnson property which was once in the possession of the Cortonwood Company.
Date1775 - 1888
Extent24 pieces
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSubSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021