RefNoCOAL/OSC
TitleOld Silkstone Collieries Limited (Barugh Coke Ovens)
AdminHistoryThe Old Silkstone and Dodworth Coal and Iron Company Limited was founded in 1862. In 1899 a new company the Old Silkstone Collieries Limited was founded. The company owned Dodworth, Stanhope Silkstone and Silkstone Fall Collieries and Higham pumping station. It also owned Barugh Coke Ovens.

(Source: Alan Hill, The South Yorkshire Coalfield: a history and development, Tempus: 2001, p.30 and 1940 Colliery Year Book and Coal Trades Directory).
DescriptionAccident book, Barugh Coke Ovens, Gawber, 1945 - 1946 (COAL/OSC/1)
Date1945 - 1946
Extent1 item
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021