RefNoCOAL/Y1
TitleDeeds relating to lands near former collieries in Silkstone
DescriptionDeeds to property in Dodworth and district acquired by J. & J. Charlesworth, coal masters. The property consisted of farms and lands (not coal) in Dodworth (Pigott estate, Langford estate, Rhodes farm, Gleadhill Cliffe, Dodworth Hall, Field head, Lane head, Fall head), Hoylandswaine (Cathill foot), Barugh and Higham; Dodworth rental 1795-1830. (Families mentioned in the deeds (among others): Rooke, Rhodes, Pigott (pedigree), Brooke (pedigree, including Charles Brooke, Somerset Herald), Ellison, Perkins). Plans of estates in Dodworth 1747, 1836.

Dodworth, 1829 - 1830 (COAL/Y1/1)

Rhodes Farm, Dodworth, 1830 - 1855 (COAL/Y1/2)

Cathill Foot, Hoylandswaine, 1737- 1856 (COAL/Y1/3)

Gleadhill Cliffe, Dodworth, 1782 - 1833 (COAL/Y1/4)

Townend Close, Dodworth, 1633/4 - 1864 (COAL/Y1/5)

Dodworth (whole estate) of which a part (Gleadhill Cliffe) was bought by the Charlesworths, 1744 - 1795 (COAL/Y1/6)

Pigot's estate, Dodworth, 1714 - 1836 (COAL/Y1/7)

Langford estate, Dodworth, 1614 - 1837 (COAL/Y1/8)

The Whimbies, Dodworth, 1832 - 1835 (COAL/Y1/9)

Lane Head Farm, ponds etc., Dodworth, 1618 - 1873 (COAL/Y1/10)

Fieldhead estate, Dodworth, 1688 - 1848 (COAL/Y1/11)

The Lees of Fall Head, Silkstone, 1699 - 1832 (COAL/Y1/12)

Land in Barugh and Higham and the tithes of Barugh, 1773 - 1842 (COAL/Y1/13)

Miscellaneous business of the Charlesworths, 1762 - 1868 (COAL/Y1/14)
Date1614 - mid 19th century
Extent316 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021