RefNoDIXON/16
TitleLennox Burton Dixon (1868 - 1941)
AdminHistoryLennox Burton Dixon was born in 1868. As a boy, he lived at Hillsborough Hall owned by his father James Willis Dixon. Lennox and his cousin Ernest Fawcett were sent to school in Rugby. He married Frances Mary Quinn in 1895 and they had one daughter, Iris Melba. Their first marital home was More Hall, Ewden. They also later lived at 'Woodlands', Shireoaks near Worksop.

He was involved with the management of James Dixon and Sons during a critical period - at a time when Lennox and Ernest Fawcett were Directors, the firm adopted limited liability (1920), took over Hutton's (1930) and presided over the period when stainless steel became used for cutlery. Lennox retired from the firm in 1936. He died in 1941.
Date1915 - 1951
Extent5 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021