RefNoESC/CL
TitleCammell Laird and Company Limited
AdminHistoryCammell, Laird and Company was formed in 1903 when the Sheffield company Charles Cammell and Company (Cyclops Steel and Iron Works, Sheffield) took over the Birkenhead shipyards of Laird Brothers. This enabled the new company to manufacture armoured warships within its own jurisdiction, which was an arrangement favoured by the Royal Navy at the time. It continued trading until 1953.
Date1890 - 1929
Extent48 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSection
RelatedMaterialSheffield City Archives:
Charles Cammell and Company, 1777 - 1916 (ESC).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020