RefNoJC/29/64
Alternative Reference numberJC/1394
TitleFarewell to the Rev. James Caughey
DescriptionPrinted by G. Chaloner, Printer, Church Street, Sheffield.

Caughey was a minister of the Methodist Episcopal Church in the USA. He came to England in 1841 to preach in numerous towns. He preached his first sermon in Sheffield on 12 May 1844 at the Ebenezer Chapel, preaching there until 8 Jun, when he moved to Carver Street Chapel; Brunswick Chapel from Jul 6, Norfolk Street Chapel from 3 Aug.

Preachers stationed in Sheffield during this 'revival': West Circuit - Revs John P. Haswell, Joseph Stinson, Thomas Dickin and Benjamin B. Waddy; East Circuit - Revs Alexander Bell, William B. Stephenson, John Burton and James Carr.
Date[post 1844]
Extent1 item
FormatPrinted
AccessStatusOpen
CopiesAvailable to view on www.picturesheffield.com (arc01072)
LevelItem
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021