RefNoMD7171
TitleB Huntsman Limited, steelmakers, Tinsley Park Road, Sheffield
AdminHistoryThe firm of B. Huntsman Ltd. was established c.1740. It was originally located at Handsworth, Sheffield. In 1770 it moved to Attercliffe, where the location became known as Huntsman's Row. In 1800, the firm moved again to Lady's Bridge, where it remained until 1900, when it moved to its present location at Coleridge Road, Attercliffe. The firm makes high grade cast steels by the crucible process. At first it was concerned with general output, then it gradually specialised in tools. It is the oldest city concern making crucible cast steel. It has a considerable amount of foreign exports.
DescriptionAccount books, letter books.
Datec 1870 - 1933
Extent12 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSee also LD1612-1624 ledgers and order books of Benjamin Huntsman Ltd., 1788 - 1952.

NBC/304 draft leases and agreements re Tinsley Park Colliery 1845 - 1866.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021