RefNoMD7333
TitleRex Cinema (Sheffield) Limited, Mansfield Road / Hollybank Road, Intake, Sheffield
AdminHistoryThe Rex Cinema was situated at the corner of Mansfield Road and Hollybank Road, Intake. Designed by Hadfield & Cawkwell and built by W Malthouse Ltd, it opened in July 1939 with seating for 1,350.

The Company was founded by T W Ward and was later owned and managed by his daughter Miss Dorothy Ward. Although it outlived most of the other suburban cinemas in Sheffield, it finally closed in December 1982. The building was demolished in October 1983 and the site used for a supermarket carpark.
DescriptionIncorporation records, 1938 (MD7333/1)
Minute books, 1939 - 1981 (MD7333/2)
Accounts, 1938 - 1986 (MD7333/3-6)
Published reports/accounts, 1939 - 1987 (MD7333/7-8)
Employee files (selected correspondence), 1938 - 1939, 1989 - 1991 (MD7333/9-10, 15)
Records of shareholders, 1939 - 1980 (MD7333/11-14)
Property records, 1940 - 1941 (MD7333/16)
Records of films exhibited, 1978 - 1981 (MD7333/17-18)
Date1938 - 1991
Extent85 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020