RefNoPR103
TitleSheffield, Christ Church, Heeley, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish of Heeley was founded in 1846. Christ Church, Heeley started out as the daughter parish of St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane, Sheffield. Prior to the consecration of the present church, services were held in Gleadless Road Schoolroom. The church was designed by Joseph Mitchell of Sheffield and was consecrated on 8th August 1848 by Archbishop Musgrave.

The nave was lengthened in 1897 to the designs of J. D. Webster. A Mission Room and Class Room were opened on 20th November 1893 by Archbishop Maclagan. The vicarage, built in 1862, was funded by subscription.

Christ Church, Heeley, is situated on Gleadless Road and is in the Deanery of Attercliffe.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1848 - 1974 (PR103/1)
Marriages, 1848 - 1998 (PR103/2)
Burials, 1848 - 1934 (PR103/3)
Banns, 1933 - 2010 (PR103/4)
Services, 1892 - 2016 (PR103/5)

Other records (unlisted):

(Acc. 2018/15)
Box 1
PCC agendas, minutes and related papers, 1929-1934, 1957-1992, 1999-2004

Box 2
PCC (Heeley and Gleadless Valley) AGM agendas, minutes and reports, 1985-2010 [lacks 1992-1999]
Church Management Committee minutes, 1982-1986
Heeley and Gleadless District Church Council minutes, 2000-2009, AGM minutes and reports, 2002-2010
Annual accounts, 1933-1947, 1950
Garden Fete Committee minute book, 1935-1947
Bazaar Committee minute book, 1935-1943

Box 3
Land and property related papers, including faculties, copy conveyances and architects' drawings, 1897-1979
Instrument, St. Aidan, 1933
Pastoral scheme, 1938 (copy plan showing St. Paul District, Arbourthorne)

Heeley Parish magazines, 1890-1901 [with gaps]
St. Peter's (Heeley) Mission Church magazines, 1897-1908
Date1848 - 2016
Extent57 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield, St Mary, Bramall Lane, Anglican Parish (PR56)

Various church faculty files for Christ Church, Heeley are available, 1918 - 1990 (DIOC/FAC)

Full monumental inscriptions for Christ Church, Heeley, with name index, plans and brief history (compiled 1995) (MI/61)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020