RefNoPR146
TitleSheffield, St Peter, Greenhill, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryNorton Parochial Church Council bought a piece of land in Greenhill in 1930 as the site for a place of worship. No further action was taken until 1951 when services began in Greenhill School, pending the building of a new church hall. This was completed in 1954, and the hall was licensed for marriages in 1959 when St. Peter Greenhill became a separate parish.

St. Peter's church, designed by Oxley and Bussey of Sheffield, was built in 1964 by William Drabble of Mosborough, and consecrated on 22nd May 1965. The church was at this time in the Diocese of Derby. St. Peter, along with ten other parishes (including St. Peter's mother church, Norton St. James), was transferred to the Diocese of Sheffield (Ecclesall deanery) on the 1st January 1974.

The church was designated a Grade Two Listed building in 1999. A new Parish Centre had been added in 1995.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1958 - 1975 (PR146/1)
Marriages, 1959 - 1985 (PR146/2)
Banns, 1959 - 1987 (PR146/3)
Services, 1951 - 1962 (PR146/4)

Other records (not listed):

Records of gifts and donations to the church (Acc. 1992/27)
Date1951 - 1987
Extent14 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

For earlier records, see Norton St. James (ref. PR2)

Diocese of Sheffield faculties, from 1914 onwards, which detail changes made to Anglican church buildings (ref. DIOC/FAC)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020