RefNoPR174
Alternative Reference number2019/13
TitleRotherham, St Simon and St Jude, Thurcroft, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt. Simon and St. Jude began as a mission church in the parish of Laughton. Thurcroft was one of the first areas to be considered in the church extension programme of the 1930s, and the building of a new church was financed largely by contributions from the Diocesan Board of Finance and the South Yorkshire Coalfield Church Extension Committee. This building was consecrated in 1939. The independent parish of Thurcroft was formed in 1948.

The church, situated on Church Street in Thurcroft, is in the Laughton Deanery of the Archdeaconry of Sheffield and Rotherham.
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1917-1971 (PR174/1)
Marriages, 1939-1985 (PR174/2)
Banns, 1939-1987 (PR174/3)
Services, 1917-2006 (PR174/4)

Other records (not listed):

(Acc. 2019/13)
Parochial Church Council minutes, 1915-1955 [boxed with PR174/4/10-11]

Boxes 1-3
Parochial Church Council minutes, 1956-2016; Organ Fund Project, 1976-1977 and Hall Fund Project, 1989-1994 (accounts)

Box 4
Account books, 1982-2013

Box 5
Burial services, 1946-1975; electoral roll [dates of applications, 1931-1955]; Mothers' Union, Branch meeting minutes, 1930-1978 and attendance register, 1978-1988; parish newsletters, 1922-1946 [with gaps]

Boxes 6-9
Parish newsletters, 1947-2012 [with gaps]
Date1915 - 2016
Extent24 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialVarious diocesan faculty files, 1983 - 2001 (DIOC/FAC)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021