RefNoPR40
TitleWales, St John the Baptist, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish of Wales, St. John was formed out of Laughton in 1868. Prior to this the church was one of several chapels under the Mother Church at Laughton.

The parish is situated within the Laughton Deanery of the Archdeaconry of Sheffield and Rotherham.
DescriptionRegisters:

Composites, [1578] - 1812 (PR40/1)
Baptisms, 1813 - 1958 (PR40/2)
Marriages, 1754 - 1996 (PR40/3)
Burials, 1813 - 2001 (PR40/4)
Grave Plot Books, 20th cent. (PR40/5)
Banns of Marriage, 1866 - 1973 (PR40/6)
Confirmations, 1895 - 1969 (PR40/7)
Services, 1987 - 2010 (PR40/8)

Other records (not listed):

Churchwardens' accounts, 1834-1909 (PR40/10)
Vestry Meeting minutes, 1880-1949 (PR40/11-12)
Parochial Church Council Meeting minutes, 1920-1933 (PR40/13)
Overseers' minutes and accounts, 1866-1872 (PR40/14)
Date[1578] - 2010
Extent30 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsThese items are open to public inspection unless otherwise stated. Some registers are available on microfilm or microfiche only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

Diocese of Sheffield faculty files, from 1920 (DIOC/FAC).


Related Material at Sheffield Local Studies Library:

Sparks, Brian, 'The Medieval Stained Glass of South Yorkshire' [includes Wales, St. John] (OUP, 2012) (748.5 SQ)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019