RefNoPR43
TitleSheffield, All Saints, Brightside, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe parish of All Saints, Brightside was created out of the parish of St Thomas, Brightside in 1869, when the church (financed by Sir John Brown) was opened by licence.

Services were also held at All Saints Mission Room, Forncett Street, from 1929 and at All Saints Institute, Grimesthorpe Road after the church was closed.

The benefice was suspended in 1972 and the parish became a chapelry under the care of St Cuthbert, Firvale. In April 1976 the church was declared redundant. The church was demolished in 1978, but in 1980 the new church of Ellesmere, St Peter (shared Anglican/Methodist) was dedicated and the benefice was united with that of Christ Church, Pitsmoor.

The church was located on Ellsemere Road and was in the Ecclesfield deanery
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1869 - 1977 (PR43/1)
Marriages, 1869 - 1979 (PR43/2)
Banns of Marriage, 1869 - 1964 (PR43/3)
Services, 1887 - 1980 (PR43/4)
Services at All Saint Mission Room, 1929 - 1938 (PR43/5)

Other records (not listed):
Benefice, letters and papers re foundation and finance of the benefice 1869-1957; National School records (papers, plans and reports) 1869-1957; personal papers of Rev C F Knight, vicar 1896-1911; church fabric and property records 1866-1970s, records of property and income of the Benefice, 1869-1972; church finance 1910-1976 and miscellaneous other records (Acc. 1995/93)
Date1869 - 1976
Extent51 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialFor earlier records, see Sheffield, St Thomas, Brightside, Anglican Parish (PR46)
For earlier baptism, marriage and burial registers, see Sheffield, Christ Church Attercliffe, Anglican Parish (PR28)
For earlier marriage registers (prior to 1849), see Sheffield, Cathedral Church of St Peter and St Paul, Anglican Parish (PR138)
For later registers, see Sheffield, St Cuthbert, Fir Vale, Anglican Parish (PR41)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021