RefNoPR49
TitleSheffield, St Michael and All Angels, Neepsend, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryThe church of St Michael and All Angels was consecrated on the 11th November 1867, with the parish being formed out of part of Pitsmoor. The church was closed in October 1942 and the parish suspended until July 1950. During this period baptisms of parishioners took place at St. Philip and St. Anne's church. Services resumed in 1948 in St. Michael's Mission Church, Parkwood Springs, and after July 1950, when the suspension of the parish was ended, baptisms also took place there. These were registered in St. Michael's baptism register until June 1953. Thereafter they were entered in the register of Holy Trinity, Wicker, with which the parish of St. Michael had been united in February 1952. St. Michael's church was demolished in 1955. Services continued to be held at St. Michael's Mission Church until April 1966, and the building closed a year later.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1867 - 1953 (PR50/1)
Marriages, 1868 - 1942 (PR50/2)
Date1867 - 1953
Extent14 items (registers only)
AccessStatusRestricted
AccessConditionsThese items are open to public inspection unless otherwise stated. Some registers are available on microfiche only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

Holy Trinity, Wicker, Anglican parish (PR50).

Diocese of Sheffield faculty files, from 1914 onwards (DIOC/FAC).
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019