RefNoPR50
TitleSheffield, Holy Trinity, Wicker, Anglican Parish
AdminHistoryHoly Trinity, Wicker was erected in Nursery Street in 1847 - 1848. For events before this date see Sheffield, St Peter (PR 138). The church closed in 1971 when the parish united with Christ Church, Pitsmoor. The church was declared redundant in February 1973 and the building was later used by the New Testament Church of God.
DescriptionRegisters:

Baptisms, 1847 - 1971
Marriages, 1848 - 1971
Burials, 1859

Other records:

(Acc. 43823-43825)
PR50/33-35 (previously numbered MD6330-6332). Several items relating to the parish of Holy Trinity, Wicker:
PR50/33 (previously numbered MD6330). Deeds and abstract of title to land and messuages in Nursery Street sold to the vicar of Holy Trinity, Wicker, in 1849 for a school. It was conveyed by the Duke of Norfolk's trustees in 1811 to Michael Johnson and subsequently came to Rimington and Younge (includes a copy of James Rimington's will 1839) 1811 - 1849.
PR50/34 (previously numbered MD6331). Bundle of claims and payments on account of losses in the Sheffield flood, to persons resident in Nursery Street, the Wicker, etc. Includes a letter from T W Watson pressing for a supply of Bibles for those who had lost their goods, 1864.
PR50/35 (previously numbered MD6332). Photocopy of schedule of dates and costs of building Holy Trinity Church, Vicarage and schools, covering period 1848 - 1876.

Deeds sold to the vicar in 1849, for a school 1811-1849
Date1847 - 1971
Extent32 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
AccessConditionsThese items are open to public inspection unless otherwise stated. Some registers are available on microfiche only.
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialThe front of a register of services for Christ Church, Pitsmoor, 1975 - 1984, forms a register of services for Holy Trinity, Wicker, Nov 1965 - Jun 1972 (PR 101/6/14)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2021