RefNoPR64
TitleSheffield, St Nathanael, Crookesmoor, Anglican Parish
AdminHistorySt Nathanael's opened in 1902 and was originally a chapel-of-ease to St Philip's Church, Sheffield, until it was constituted a separate parish in 1912. The church was consecrated on 20th December 1914. It was closed in January 1979 and declared redundant by Order in Council published 24th February 1981. The benefice and parish were united with St Stephen, Netherthorpe, Sheffield, which had earlier been united with the parishes of St Philip, St Anne and St George.

The church of St Nathanael was situated on Roebuck Road and was in the Hallam deanery.
DescriptionRegisters:
Baptisms, 1902-1978 (PR64/1)
Marriages, 1912-1979 (PR64/2)
Burial Services, 1966 - 1978 (PR64/3)
Banns of Marriages, 1913 - 1980 (PR64/4)
Confirmations, 1950 - 1976 (PR64/5)
Services, 1902 - 1979 (PR64/6)

Other records (not listed):
Fabric & Fittings 1912-1962; Parish Hall, letters from City Engineer; papers re Benefice property 1949-1963; clergy papers 1969; vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes 1931-1932 and electoral roll c 1960s-1970s; Parish boundaries 1962; miscellaneous - typescript list of "Documents from safe 1979".
Date1902 - 1979
Extent20 items (registers only)
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialSheffield, St Philip, Anglican Parish (PR10)
Sheffield, St Stephen, Netherthorpe, Anglican Parish (PR13)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020