RefNoSY599
TitleThomas Ward and Sons, Manufacturers of cutlery, edge tools and electro plate and 'Wardonia' safety razors and blades, Sheffield and Warrington [Cheshire]
AdminHistoryThomas Ward and Sons Ltd was founded by Thomas Watkins Ward and his three brothers in the 1920s. Its headquarters was based at Wardonia Buildings, Suez Street, Warrington [Cheshire]. The company began trading in Sheffield in 1927, assuming premises at Chaucer Works on the corner of Countess Road and Clough Road, which became known as 'Wardonia Works'. The company also had a showroom in London (26 - 30 Holborn Viaduct). Its business operations were international in scope and it became particularly renowned for its brand of 'Wardonia' safety razors. Thomas Ward and Sons Ltd ceased trading in July 1984, but Wardonia Ltd continued to trade from 61 Union Street, Harthill, near Sheffield. Wardonia Ltd centred its business on cutlery, plate, scissors and penknives, but also continued to sell razor blades. Wardonia Ltd ceased trading in 2000 on the retirement of Mr T W Ward, the son of the founder.
DescriptionPurchase day books and publicity material.
Datec.1928 - 1970
Extent154 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020