RefNoX732
TitleSheffield Inner Wheel Club
AdminHistoryThe Sheffield Inner Wheel Club was founded in June 1931 for the 'wives and womenfolk of Rotarians' in Sheffield. The club's first officers included: Mrs J. Austen (president), Mrs L. Beswick (vice-president) and Mrs W. S. Nunn (secretary). In its early years, meetings were held in the Grand Hotel, Sheffield.

The Inner Wheel organisation was first established by Mrs Margarette Golding (died 1939) in 1923 with its first branch in Manchester. The main objects of the organisation were 'to promote true friendship and the development of acquaintances with an opportunity for service and the betterment of social conditions'.

The Sheffield Inner Wheel Club helped to raise money for numerous local and national charitable causes as well as organising social activities for its members, guest speakers, etc.

The Sheffield Inner Wheel Club was wound up in 2016.
DescriptionCommittee Minutes (Signed),1931 - 2016 (X732/1)
Social Committee Minutes, 1962 - 2001 (X732/2)
Benevolent Fund/Charity Fund Commitee Minutes and Charity List Record Book, 1966 - 1996 (X732/3)
Scrap Books/Photograph Albums, 1931 - 2015 (X732/4)
Membership Records, 1956 - c. 1982 (X732/5)
Visitors' Books, 1939 - 1991 (X732/6)
Miscellaneous Papers, c. 1952 - 2004 (X732/7)
Financial Records, 1964 - 2016 (X732/8)
Date1931 - 2016
Extent39 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelCollection
RelatedMaterialRelated Material at Sheffield Archives:

Sheffield Rotary Club records, 1919 - 1979 (LD1990)


Related Material at Sheffield Local Studies Library:

Inner Wheel Club of Sheffield 1932 - 2010: 78 years of service poster, 2010 (MP 6169 M)
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2020