TitleIpplepen, Devon.
Date1535-1913
Extent311 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St John the Baptist, Ipplepen, Devon, in the diocese of Exeter.

Ipplepen church once belonged to the alien priory of St Peter de Fulgeriis, Brittany. After the suppression of alien priories, it was vested in the Crown, until 1438 when it was appropriated to the college of St Mary Ottery. After the Dissolution it passed to the Crown again and in 1547, was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) as part of the New Dotation.

In 1928, the rectory was united with the rectory of Torbryan, Devon, and later also with Denbury. Today, the united benefice of Ipplepen, Torbryan and Denbury is in the joint patronage of the D & C and The Society for the Maintenance of the Faith.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019