TitleIsleworth, Middlesex.
Date1327-1945
Extent60 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of All Saints, Isleworth, Middlesex, in the diocese of London.

Isleworth is known to have had a vicar by 1290 and the advowson belonged to the Abbey of St Valery in France until 1391. The abbey's English lands were sequestered in the 14th century and so the advowson ( together with that of Heston ) descended with the rectorial estates to the Crown.

In 1547, the rectory of Isleworth was granted by the Crown to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ), with Isleworth rectory manor, as part of the New Dotation. By 1562, the advowson also belonged to the D & C.

The living of Isleworth remains in the sole gift of the D & C.

The manor of the rectory of Isleworth was distinct from the Isleworth Syon manor which was owned by the Dukes of Northumberland.

VCH Middlesex, III ( London, 1962 ), pp. 122-23
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019