TitleIwerne Minster, Dorset.
Date1480-1916
Extent305 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of The Virgin Mary, Iwerne Minster, Dorset, in the diocese of Salisbury.

On 30 August 1480, the advowson and patronage of the prebend of 'Ewern' were granted by the College of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St Nicholas at Cambridge to Edward IV. On 27 September 1480, Edward IV granted the advowson of the prebend to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ).

On 21 December 1928, the benefice was united with the rectory of Sutton Waldron, Dorset. A new benefice was created in 1981 under joint patronage. This was named The Iwernes, Sutton Waldron and Fontmell Magna. This is now the Iwerne Valley benefice, under the joint patronage of the D & C, G A L F Pitt-Rivers, esquire, the Bishop of Salisbury and the Salisbury Diocesan Board of Patronage.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019