TitleLlangorse, Brecon.
Date1564-1912
Extent24 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Paulinus, Llangorse, Brecon, in the diocese of Swansea and Brecon.

The church of St Paulinus is believed to be early medieval. In 1152, the prior of Brecon nominated a priest to serve the church at Llangorse and in the 13th century Taxatio it is termed 'Ecclesia de Mara'. In the 1535 Valor Ecclesiasticus it is known as the church of Llangorse. Until the Reformation, it is believed to have been dedicated to St Mary and St Paulinus.

In 1547, the rectory of Talgarth, Brecon and the rectory of Mara [Llangorse], Brecon were given to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) by the Crown as part of the New Dotation. As well as the rectory of Mara, the D & C also acquired the patronage of the vicarage.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019