TitleMembury, Devon.
Date1461-1884
Extent118 items
AdminBiogHistoryThe manor of Membury, Devon was once part of the English lands of the Benedictine abbey of Bec- Hellouin, Normandy. On 20 July 1474 Edward IV granted the manor to the Dean & Canons of Windsor
( D & C ).

On 13 June 1866, the D & C leased Membury to Henry Thomas, earl of Chichester, in trust for the Ecclesiastical Commissioners of England.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019