Reference NumberSGC XV.26.13
TitleMembury, Devon. Renewal of lease of manor.
Date6 July 1702
DescriptionLease by the Dean and Canons of Windsor to Lady Carteret, widow and relict and administratrix of the estate of Rt. Hon. George Lord Carteret of Hawnes, of the manor of Membury with its appurtenances (except and reserved to the Lessors: (1) the mansion house and scite of the manor of Membury then or then lately in the occupation of John Chase, gentleman; (2) a parcel of land on which a house had then lately been built called the Lords Fillet, then or then lately in the occupation of Thomas Parsons; and (3) a coppice or wood of 12 acres or thereabouts called Boviall Wood, with the trees of oak, ash and elm on the premises, with rights of ingress, egress and regress to the land to fell the same), for a term of 21 years from Lady Day 1702, at the annual rent of £50, payable by two instalments at Michaelmas and Lady Day in each year. Covenants by the Lessee, provisoes as to non-payment of rent, penalty and fees, and covenants by the Lessors in forms similar to those in the Lease of 7 November 1682 [XV.26.11]. Lease and counterpart.
Witnesses to the execution of the counterpart by the Lessee: John Carter & Jeffrey Tennatt.
Stamp Duty on both lease and counterpart: 1s.
Extent2 items - Lease & Counterpart
Related MaterialReference numbers: XV.26.9; XV.26.10; XV.26.11; XV.26.12; XV.26.13; XV.26.14; XV.26.15; XV.26.16; XV.26.17
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019