TitleNether Stowey, Somerset.
Date1461-1901
Extent4 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Mary, Nether Stowey, Somerset, in the diocese of Bath and Wells

The rectory of Nether Stowey was received by the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) upon the dissolution of the priory of Goldclive, Monmouthshire in the 15th century. However, Edward IV's grant of 20 July 1474 to the D & C ( which includes Monksilver ) does not mention Nether Stowey.

In 1973, the united benefice of Nether Stowey and Over Stowey was formed. Today, the benefice comprises Nether Stowey, Over Stowey, Spaxton with Charlynch, Enmore, Goathurst and Aisholt. The living is in the gift of the D & C and the Martyrs' Memorial and Church of England Trust alternately.

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019