TitleNortham, Devon.
Date1548-1916
Extent23 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Margaret, Northam, Devon, in the diocese of Exeter.

The rectory of Northam was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) by the Crown in 1547, as part of the New Dotation.

Northam was later united with Westward Ho!, Devon. In 1979, the united benefice of Northam with Westward Ho! and Appledore was created, with a patronage board on which the D & C had a vote. Northam is now part of the Torridge Estuary benefice. The living is in the gift of the Diocesan Patronage Board on which the dean & four canons have voting rights.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019