TitlePlympton St Maurice, Devon.
Date1542-1876
Extent16 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of Plympton St Maurice, Devon, in the diocese of Exeter.

The parish church of Plympton St Maurice was founded as the chantry chapel of St Maurice by John Brackley, esquire, and was endowed with lands valued at £7. 5s. 8d in 1547. The chapel passed to the Crown and was given to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) in 1547 as part of the New Dotation. There was also a mansion house and a garden with the chapel.

The benefice remains in the sole gift of the D & C.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019