TitlePuriton, Somerset.
Date1433-1903
Extent68 items
Related MaterialSee also Woolavington, Somerset
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Michael, Puriton, Somerset, in the diocese of Bath and Wells.

The rectory of Puriton was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor by Edward IV on 20 July 1474.

In 1730, the vicarages of Puriton and Woolavington were united, but were separated in 1883. The benefices of Puriton and Pawlett, were united in 1978.

Today, the benefice of Puriton and Pawlett is in the joint gift of the D & C, who have the 1st and 2nd turns, and the Lord Chancellor, who has the 3rd turn.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019