TitleShottesbrook, Berkshire.
Date1422-1796
Extent1file; 37 items
AdminBiogHistoryThe Dean and Canons of Windsor acquired lands in Shottesbrooke and Waltham St Lawrence, Berkshire, possibly as part of the endowment of the chantry of John Oxenbridge, canon. In a lease of 1594, the property is described as 20 acres of land contiguous to the lands of the Dean and Canons of Shottesbrook. Later leases refer to 3 acres in a common field adjoining the orchard, and a close of pasture ( 4 acres ) inclosed out of a common field called Westherse.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019