TitleSimonburn, Northumberland.
Date1360-1444
Extent2 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Simon, Simonburn, Northumberland, in the diocese of Durham.

The rectory of Simonburn was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) by Queen Philippa on 9 May 1351. The living was exchanged for the rectory of St Peter and St Paul, Olney, Buckinghamshire in 1482. This was granted to the D & C by Richard, Duke of Gloucester, and Anne, his wife. However, in Henry VII's reign the Dean and Canons were forced to petition the King for restitution of the advowson of Olney, then valued at 100 marks a year [SGC XI.K.2]
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019