TitleStoke Poges, Buckinghamshire.
Date1361-1891
Extent34 items
AdminBiogHistoryOn 21 December 1361, Ralph of Windsor, rector of Hanslope, Buckinghamshire, conveyed the reversion of a wood called Merriesgrove in Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ).
In return, the D & C were to say prayers for his soul and that of his sister, Matilda Merry, after their deaths. Ralph of Windsor's obit was first celebrated in St George's Chapel on 3 December 1400.

Merriesgrove was one of three obit endowments lying outside Windsor, the others being in Bray, Berkshire and Uxbridge, Middlesex. However, no receipts from Merriesgrove appear in the college accounts and it seems likely the D & C never obtained possession of the wood. Also, the obit ceased to be observed after 1416.

Roberts, Administration, 1947, pp. 38-9
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019