TitleAbergwili, Carmarthenshire.
Date1563-1862
Extent65 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of Abergwili, Carmarthenshire in the diocese of St David's. Also known as Abergwilly, Abergwyllye, Habergoilee and other variant spellings.

The church at Abergwili was in the possession of the bishops of St David's, but at some point the rectory and parsonage were acquired by the Crown. In 1542, Henry VIII demised and granted to Griffith Leison, doctor of the law, his rectory of Habergoilee, together with the chapels of Llanllawett and Llanpensaynt. In 1547, the rectory and parsonage were given to the Dean and Canons (D & C) of Windsor as part of the New Dotation.
NotesRecords are listed in the catalogue by individual reference numbers. To identify these in the online catalogue please use Quick Search or Advanced Search
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019