TitleTawton, South, Devon.
Date1351-1907
Extent50 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Andrew, South Tawton, Devon, in the diocese of Exeter.

The rectory of South Tawton was one of the earliest advowsons to be granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ). It was granted by Thomas Beauchamp, Earl of Warwick, one of the Founder Knights, under licence to alienate, on 18 June 1349.

Today, the united benefice of South Tawton with Belstone is in the joint gift of the D & C and the Bishop of Exeter.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019