TitleTwickenham, Middlesex.
Date1818-1906
Extent15 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Mary the Virgin, Twickenham, Middlesex, in the diocese of London.

Walter of St Valery ( fl. 1086 ), lord of Isleworth, granted Twickenham church to the Abbey of St Valery. The rectory formed part of the manor of Isleworth rectory and the advowson descended with Isleworth.

The rectory of Isleworth and Twickenham was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) by the Crown in 1547, as part of the New Dotation. Later, Isleworth and Twickenham became two separate vicarages.

Today, Twickenham is in the sole gift of the D & C.

VCH Middlesex, III ( 1962 ), pp. 157-61

    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019