TitleWembury, Devon.
Date1548-1896
Extent32 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Werburgh, Wembury, Devon, in the diocese of Exeter.

The vicarage of Wembury was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) at the same time as the chapelry of Plympton St Mary, Devon, which was granted in 1547, as part of the New Dotation. The chapel of Wembury was a parcel of the late dissolved monastery of Plympton.

In 1836, the tithes of Wembury were commuted for £380.

Today, the living of Wembury remains in the sole gift of the D & C.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019