TitleBerkhampstead, Hertfordshire.
Date[1760-1820]
Extent2 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Mary (alias North Church), Berkhampsted, Hertfordshire.

By an act of Parliament dated 8 July 1708, the advowson of the rectory church was vested in the Dean and Canons of Windsor, provided they presented anyone thereto except the dean of Windsor. However, in 1740 the advowson was claimed by Frederick, Prince of Wales as being a parcell of his Duchy of Cornwall. In 1763, the suit was decided against the Windsor Chapter.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019