TitleWraysbury, Buckinghamshire.
Date1345-1934
Extent109 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Andrew, Wraysbury, Buckinghamshire, in the diocese of Oxford.

The Domesday tenant of Wraysbury, Robert Gernon, granted the church to Gloucester Abbey. In 1345, the abbey exchanged it with the Crown for property in Gloucestershire. On 6 November 1348, Edward III granted the rectory, together with Langley Marish chapel, to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) in free alms and with licence of appropriation. A vicarage was ordained in 1349. The advowson was valued, with Langley, at £15 0s 10 1/2d yearly in 1535.

A new benefice of Riverside was created in 1978, comprising St Thomas Colnbrook, Datchet, Dorney and Wraysbury, to which Eton with Eton Wick and Boveney were added in 1985. In 2008, Horton and Wraysbury were formed into one benefice and Riverside was dissolved.

Today, the living is in the joint gift of the D & C, and Major J M Halford.

Lands in Wraysbury were also granted to the D & C by Edward III on 28 January 1350.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019