TitleCaxton, Cambridgeshire.
Date1351-1906
Extent246 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Andrew, Caxton, Cambridgeshire, in the diocese of Ely.

The church of St Andrew, Caxton formerly belonged to the priory of Lewes, but was given to the Dean and Canons of Windsor ( D & C ) on 1 March 1351. By the 16th century they also held a messuage or inn in Caxton called the Red Lion.

The living was a rectory, but by the 1890s is described as a vicarage with a net yearly value of £240, together with nine acres of glebe.

In 1989, a united benefice of Bourn, Kingston, Caxton & Longstowe was formed. These in turn united in 2000 with other benefices to form the benefice of Papworth. This is in the gift of a patronage board, on which the D & C have one vote.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019