TitleCrendon, Long, Buckinghamshire.
Date1479-1907
Extent319 items
AdminBiogHistoryThe manor of Crendon was once the property of the Giffards, earls of Buckingham, who had a seat there. The manor passed by female descent to the noble families of Marshall and Warren and was afterwards divided into three parts among their co-heirs. Each part became a distinct manor, one of which was vested in the Crown.

On 20 March 1478, the manor was granted to the Dean and Canons of Windsor by Elizabeth Woodville, Queen Consort of Edward IV..
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019