TitleDatchet, Buckinghamshire.
Date1216-1910
Extent128 items
AdminBiogHistoryParish of St Mary, Datchet, Buckinghamshire, in the diocese of Oxford

Around the mid 12th century, the advowson of Datchet Church was given to St Alban's Abbey by Gilbert de Pinkney and his wife Eustachia. The grant was confirmed by Henry de Pinkney in 1238. The advowson was retained by the abbey until 1350.

On 22 May 1350, Edward III granted the rectory of Datchet, together with the chapel of Fulmer, to the Dean and Canons of Windsor.

In 1978, Datchet became part of the new benefice of Riverside, together with Colnbrook, Dorney and Wraysbury. Riverside was later dissolved and the parishes of Datchet and Colnbrook brought together as one benefice.

Today, the living of Colnbrook & Datchet is in the joint patronage of the D & C and the Bishop of Oxford.

VCH, Bucks, III ( London, 1925 ), pp. 249-55

On 30 March 1356, William Mugge, priest, granted two messuages to the Dean and Canons of Windsor.
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019