Click here to skip to main content.
 

Heriot-Watt University Heritage and Information Governance

Welcome to our online catalogue. Heriot-Watt gained its University charter in 1966 and has an illustrious heritage dating back to its origins in the Edinburgh School of Arts in 1821, the world’s first Mechanics Institute. The collections include archives, objects and works of art reflecting our place in Scotland’s history over two centuries and document how the University has established its reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research. Our collections include estate records, dating back to the 15th century, of the lands once owned by the lairds of Riccarton, now home to the Edinburgh campus, and a fine local history collection which is a rich resource for community life. Our internationally recognised Textile Collection of archives, fabric and apparel, charting the evolution of the Scottish textile industry from the mid 18th century to the present day, is a rich resource which supports the teaching and research profile of the School of Textiles and Design.

The University Museum and Archive is located at the Edinburgh Campus at Riccarton, South-West Edinburgh. The University Textile Collection is located at the Scottish Borders Campus in Galashiels.

Our collections continue to develop to reflect Heriot-Watt University’s growth as Scotland’s most International University with campuses in Orkney, Dubai and the Scottish Borders and students in over 150 countries world wide.

Please click on "About the catalogue" for more information on content, or one of the Search options to enter the catalogue.”

What's New

Powered by CalmView© 2008-2019