RefNoACM/18/3/15/2
Alternative Reference numberACM/S/501/2
TitleSheffield Club: Request to the Duke to be a member of the Committee
AdminHistoryThe Sheffield Club was a gentleman's club formed in 1844 and included amongst its members many of the leading nobility and gentlemen in the Sheffield town and neighbourhood/ The Earl of Wharncliffe acted as chairman. A grand clubhouse in Norfolk Street was erected in 1862, at a cost of £7,000, raised in shares. The clubhouse comprised coffee, reading, billiard, private dining, smoking and morning rooms.
Date1899
Extent1 item
AccessStatusOpen
LevelItem
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2023