RefNoACM/6/5/40
Alternative Reference numberACM/S/158
TitleRentals
DescriptionHalf yearly rentals, 1701 - 1850, 1861 - 1871; annual rentals, 1872 - 1888.

The bound series of half yearly rentals begins in 1701 and lists tenants alphabetically for all places on the Sheffield estates (Ecclesfield, Handsworth, Whiston, Treeton, etc., included). The early rentals also include separate lists of rentals for the Brightside Wheel, Parker Wheel, Morton and Clough Wheels.

For the first sixty years, several years are bound together in one volume, thereafter the practice varies between one volume per year, and one volume per two years. Up to 1762 they contain tenants' names and rents only; thereafter there are very brief particulars (including details of premises rented), up to 1850.

Note the first volume contains also the following rentals, besides those for the Sheffield estates:

Billington, Clitheroe, Lower Darwen, Rishton and Church Ribchester, Salesbury, Ribbleton (all Lancashire), Paythorn (Yorkshire), 1709.

Selby, Gowthorpe, Brayton, Fryston, Willstropp, ?Cowthorpe (Coulthropp), Tockwith (all Yorkshire) 1709.

Scale: 13.3 inches : 1 mile.

No surveyor named.

Covers the whole township, but not all the fields are numbered; numbers correspond to those on ACM/She/157; the Duke's land shaded green; line of the Sheffield and Rotherham Railway marked; woodland and settlements marked and named.
Date1701 - 1888
Extent118 volumes
AccessStatusOpen
Copies<head>Copies Information</head><p>Microfilms A355-380</p>
LevelSubSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022