RefNoACM/MAPS/19
TitleParish of Whiston
DescriptionThe old parish of Whiston was bounded on the West by the Rother. The river turned Whiston Mill, but the village itself lay about half a mile away. Several maps show the old and new mills and Canklow Mill, also in the parish; (ACM/MAPS/Whis/77) shows a plan for partial diverting the stream of the Rother by the Ickles goit. Whiston Enclosure Act was passed in 1816, but there appears to have been some allotment of the open fields carried out in 1765. There are several maps showing the old fields, with the strips in detail, about this time (ACM/MAPS/Whis/55 and ACM/MAPS/Whis/56). Most of the Duke's property in Whiston and Treeton was sold in 1823.
Date1722 - 1842
Extent42 items
AccessStatusOpen
LevelSeries
    Powered by CalmView© 2008-2022